Just a short list of books I've read in the past, along with a small comment to give you some context, and an idea of what the book is about.
- How To Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams. A collection of practical advice on life and business, based on the life story of the author. Since he's a cartoonist, expect having fun reading it.
- The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch. A classic. Even if you know the 80/20 concept, I highly recommend reading it. It's both an eye opener and a refresher of how much resources (mostly time and energy) we waste without being aware.
- Skin in the Game by Nassim Taleb. Our world is filled with randomness, and bullshit. This book is the ultimate guide to navigating such a world.
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. What is intuition? What exactly happens when we follow our guts? Is it always the right thing to do? Read the book to get amazed by surprising and profound answers.
- Why Greatness Cannot Be Planned by Kenneth Stanley and Joel Lehman. Compared to the previous best-sellers, this book is quite unknown. Yet, I think it points out a radical truth: goals are bullshit (most of the time).
Bonus, if you're into cosmology, quantum physics and philosophy: